Tuesday, July 10, 2012

RedRed

As tenured Ghanaians, we are now confident enough to cook local dishes. This one is called RedRed and is one of my favourites. It goes like this:

Cut up some tomatoes 


Cut up some onions


Cut up some more tomatoes


Put dry beans in a pot with onions some salt and some palm oil (the red)


Keep cutting the tomatoes


In another pan, sautée some onions 


You´re still cutting tomatoes


After a while, the beans will look like this and start to become softer:


Eventually, you will finally have enough tomatoes,


and can add them to the sautéed onions with some salt and pepper


Then add some tomato paste


Keep both things cooking for a while


And add some spices 


Then combine the two things


Going in for the close-up 


Yum.


2 comments:

  1. Val, I've thought so for some time but after these past few magnificent photo journeys I have to put it out there: This blog is absolutely brilliant. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie! My mom and I read this post together and basically we think you are the shizdizzle/funniest person ever.
    "Keep cutting tomatoes...more tomatoes...finally you will have enough tomatoes..."
    Tu me manque, cherie! I can't wait to try this recipe, tomatoes are coming into season really soon here so it will be great!

    ReplyDelete